Pre-trip Reflection - Nicholas

Posted by Anonymous at 3:26 pm


1. How do I feel about the upcoming trip?

I feel excited for the trip, as well as afraid about the high expectations. However, I will do my best to do well and finish this trip well with a lot of new things I have learnt through this.

2. 3 things that I am looking forward to
I am interested to seeing the way of life in Korea as a student, finding out how industries in Korea impact the economy and their overall well-being, as well as the visits to the different factories and industries. Through these things, I hope I will be able to learn more about how Koreans live and what type of mentality they have living daily.

3. 3 things I hope to learn from Busan/South Korea
Where has technology been used in ensuring efficient transportation and futuristic architecture? Is autonomy going to take over South Korea soon? Or will it take quite some time before that happens?How do they preserve their culture in spite of technology taking over their lives?

4. 3 things I hope to learn from my friends
How do they study more effectively such that they can have a 3 year programme instead of a 4 year programme? What are some of their good values that allow them to be chosen for this exchange programme? Last but not least, I would like to learn more chim stuff because they are probably older than us and know more than us.

5. 3 things I hope to learn about myself
I would like to learn about how I respond when faced with a stressful situation (going up on stage to do the farewell speech), my extent of knowledge about technology and what I can do that is up to my capabilities during Science lessons, as well as how I react when I am forced to be polite even when I am pissed.

6. 3 challenges I give myself
Firstly, I would like to learn to eat food that I usually won’t eat (like kimchi). Secondly, I would like to learn some common Hangul phrases and language and last but not least 'tahan' the cold there and not fall sick.

7. What are my expectations of Korea?
It is a very polite and courteous country, where there is a lot of give and take. They are also more technologically advanced than us, so architecture and their lives could be years ahead of Singapore.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts